You might’ve seen a few weekly recaps that I started up on this blog – in order to avoid as much weekend work as well as the monotony of similar posts, I’m combining those into this new monthly recap.
At the end of each month, I’ll be sharing things that I’ve published across the web, whether it be a post here, an article on The Sweet Setup or iMore, an appearance on a podcast, or anything else I might be up to.
I’m also sharing great work I find elsewhere (plus a few things of my own) in my new newsletter. I’ll be sharing it twice a month, but I’m not setting specific dates – once near the beginning and another near the end — so look for the first near the end of August!
Inside, I’ll be curating articles, tweets, videos, podcasts, and music, plus new shortcuts that I’m building. These shortcuts will be exclusive in the newsletter for 10 days, then I’ll be sharing them elsewhere online so everyone can get them even if they don’t want to sign up.
The main theme will be technology, but it won’t just be about Apple stuff – subjects will change over time but I’m also into topics like philosophy, data visualization, marketing, video games, and more, plus I want to expand as time goes on.
I also want to hear from you if you’re on the mailing list. Please reply if you have anything to say and I’ll read your emails (I may even feature some with responses in the future, if you’re open it).
Anyway, here’s what I wrote in July (and here’s the workflow/shortcut I used to generate this list):
- July 02 – Swipe on the Copy & Paste menu in iOS to see more actions
- July 05 – Getting started with Apple’s new Shortcuts app
- July 08 – My piece on TechCrunch – and the Shortcuts app is here!
- July 09 – How to make a full-page screenshot of an app or website with StitchPics
- July 15 – Screenshots, Shortcuts, and Consulting
- July 16 – How to delete unplanned screenshots with Shortcuts
- July 19 – How to group smart accessories in the home app
- July 22 – Grouping in HomeKit, Shortcuts Tweets, and Quick Links
- July 23 – How to set up a voice-only shortcut you can trigger with Siri in iOS 12
- July 24 – Apps we’ve recommended that also work with Shortcuts
- July 25 – How to group devices by Zones in the Home app
- July 30 – All the Shortcuts actions: Apple apps
I slowed down slightly at the end on my own site, and I may dabble with tweaking my style & some shorter posts to mix up my flow. There’s much to say but making sure it’s just right has held me back.
I am insanely excited about August (particularly next Wednesday), and September will probably be even better when I assume Shortcuts will drop with iOS 12.
Going to be a great next two months.